Saturday 1 October 2016

Writing for 10/1

Date : 9/30

Time starting : 5.13 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : A continuation of 9/30

Time ending : 5.34 p.m

"Ah.......I see." Alphonse silently replied. With a small, condescending voice, he muttered the truth that pained both of us dearly, "It had been 2 years since mother passed away......".

"Don't worry too much about me. I am pretty sure your mom does not want to see her kids mourning over her or else she would be grieving in heavens.", I patted Alphonse back. "....and I had learn how to cope with it. So everything is well and good."

As I uttered those words, I stared back at my boat. For some reason, I somehow feel that Ana is watching us from beyond. I can feel her bidding me farewell for our memorable evening despite it is just me being alone all the while. She was a great mother and probably the greatest wife that I could ever ask for. But, fate had decided that she will be leaving me earlier and I knew very well that all that breathes will die, it is just a matter of time. Being able to move forward while bearing this sadness and grief is what it meant to be an adult.

I ushered Alphonse back to the house, "Go on, tell the rest of your siblings I will be there soon. Sorry to make you all wait,"

"Sure thing, dad," as he run back toward the house.

As I followed his footsteps back to my hut, I can feel a mysterious warmth embracing me from behind. I know that there is no one behind me but for some reason, this sensation made me feel nostalgic, it is a feeling that I know very well who it belongs to. Silently resting my right hand on my left shoulder as if to return the embrace, I slowly whispered,

"You had done a great job raising our kids, dear. You will always be my most beloved wife till the end of my days. Rest well in heavens. "

My whisper is greeted only by the silent blowing wind by the shore. I did not expect anybody to hear it anyway but somehow, I heard a gentle voice playing through my mind,

"Tell the kids that their mother will always love them forever. And I love you too, dear,".

A complacent smile slowly appeared on my face. It might have been nothing more than my imagination, but it sure gives me a thousand reasons to continue moving forward. I will not let her down as I continue to watch our children. Now, back toward the my house where the rest of my kids are waiting. Until then, Ana,


No comments:

Post a Comment