Friday 30 September 2016

Writing for 9/30

Date : 9/30

Time starting : 7.00 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : A continuation of 9/28

Time ending : 7.16 p.m

 "It is all thanks to your hard effort, dear. Despite living in hardship, you tried your best to make sure our kids got the best education they can. You never fail to ensure that. In your eyes, education is something that you never neglected," Ana replied, her voice hinting a sense of pride and respect.

"Well, I do not want our kids to end up like their father. It is any parent wish to see their kids achieve a height they themselves could never reach, no?',

"Perhaps," Ana chuckled in amusement.

"Hey, I am being serious here," I retorted.

"Yes, yes, dear. I guess that philosophical side of yours would never die with time."

Thus, we spent time talking like this. From different people eyes, it may seem to hold little meaning other than empty conversations. And as they said, time flies and soon the curtain of darkness starts to fall, signaling the approaching night time.

"Should we head back now?. They might be worried if we still have not returned."

"Might as well,"

I rowed the boat back to the shore. Tonight, it is different too. All of our kids are visiting us to celebrate our anniversary. It is rare to have them all available at the same time. So, today is an extra special occasion for both Ana and me. As I tied my boat, I see my eldest child, Alphonse running toward me.

"Where did you go, dad?. We are all waiting for you. We are worried if something might have happened." he said, stuttering while gasping for breath.

"Nonsense. You should know very well how good I am with the sea. These old bones still haven't gone rusty yet," I replied, shoving off his worries, "I am just...........cherishing some memories, if I may call it that way,"






No comments:

Post a Comment