Tuesday 25 October 2016

Writing for 10/25

Date : 10/25

Time starting : 5.27 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : Money and how we spend them

Time ending :  5.42 p.m

Even though they say money is not the most important thing in anyone's life, I believe it still holds a deep influence toward our lives in general despite anything else. Having no money at all is certainly a troubling prospect for anyone. Ironically, having too much money does not necessarily mean that a rich individual will be freed from all of his troubles. In fact, he might have more trouble with that much money but that is just a wild guess and a baseless assumption. We will never know until we personally ask someone that is in that particular position and still, there is no way we will be able to know hoe much truth there is in his words.

What I am going to write about today in particular is regarding how we use our money, the results of our hard-earned efforts in order to make a living which might not be the case for yet-to-be-workers such as myself who is still leeching off my parents. But, it is still pretty obvious that the things we spend our money on might be viewed as a waste of hard-earned cash by some parties and that will never change. I mean, we all have that desire where we really want a certain something where we are able to go to extreme lengths by cutting down the money used for basic necessities just to save money to get that very thing we wanted. We, humans are often weak to our desire and we can never hope to sate these desires unless we fulfill them.

If I am to have a position in this matter, I will say that it is wise to spend money on the thing you really wanted because that is what you hoped for. As long as this thing you are dying to have is not the same thing that will end up unused after just a week, then it is fine to get it. I am also one of those individuals that like to spend my allowances on having a good, fulfilling meal. I am quite the picky eater myself and I can spend quite the sum of money in order to eat out at least a few times a week. My mother always say this to me since she started giving me allowance ; "When it come to food, never be stingy with your money." From her perspective, she would not be mad whenever I spent like 50$ for a meal but if I spent 10$ for games (which she considered as "useless" stuff), then I am in for some nagging and lectures. In my opinion, the money we earned is rightfully ours (despite I am not in the right position to say so) and how we spend them is up for us to decide. We should not let other people dictate how we spend our money since that is our personal rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment