Wednesday 12 October 2016

Writing for 10/12

Date : 10/12

Time starting : 10.29 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : Just some random talk about light novels that I read

Time ending :  10.45 p.m

I am a fan of reading Japanese Light novels. I have read a generous amount of Japanese LN (Light Novel) titles. For some reason, I always preferred these sort of novels compared to the more formal, classy form of novels. Maybe because the language used in these novels does not require sophisticated amount of English grammar skills in order to understand what the author is trying to imply. I am not really a fan of reading novels that will require me to open a dictionary every time I moved to a new sentence, it is just too distracting.

There are various kinds of light novels out there. Naming a few that is my favorites among the bunch will be "Brave of the Six Flowers", "Blade Dance of the Elementalist", and "Apocalypse Alice". Some of these novels are still developing their fame while some are already well established, having more than 10 volumes already written by the authors.  Just like regular novels, there are various genres in the light novels produced. However, personally, I preferred reading those with romance theme mixed in it. Though, I disliked pure romance light novels that only have love as the main plot of the story.

A healthy mix of everything is the way to go. Some might actually be related to life as the story taught the reader on certain part of lives (the genre for this sort of novel is called "slice of life"). For example, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou" actually taught the reader on how one must accept that in life, there will always be a gifted person that will surpass you in every aspects regardless of how hard you tried. One can fell life is being unfair but there is no reason to stop because everyone had their own special points.

No comments:

Post a Comment