Monday 3 October 2016

Writing for 10/3

Date : 3/10

Time starting : 2.17 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : Music

Time ending :

I am an avid listener of music to the point where I can spend quite a generous sum of money just to get a headphone of the best quality. I had first listened to music when I am in primary school and grow attracted to it. I remembered my first song that I heard which actually left me captivated to the point I tried recording it (there is no smartphones yet at that time) just to keep listening it over and over again. The song is "Whisper" which is sung by Evanescence. As I grow up, listening to music become a part of who I am.

Just like any other individuals that loved listening to music, there will always be several songs that we just really love and we can never get rid of them regardless of how much time passed. Some of the songs which are a personal favorite of mine usually have some meanings in the lyrics which is in one way or the other, related to life. A personal favorite of mine is "Numb" by Linkin Park and I am still listening to it until now. For me, this song is simply more than just a rock song. From my own perspective, I interpret the song as criticizing on how an individual should just live the way he wanted to instead of trying so hard to become some one that he or she is not.

Here are some of the lyrics which I think delivered the song message best ,"I don't know what you're expecting of me. Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes,". For me, these lines are implying on how stressful it is to become someone that we are not just to meet someone else expectations. It is an old song but I still loved it as much as I first I heard it. This very song , for me, address well how the current world works. Sometimes, we are forced to follow someone else footsteps just to succeed in life or whatnot instead of deciding how we should live our lives on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment