Sunday 23 October 2016

Writing for 10/23

Date : 10/23

Time starting : 6.52 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : Getting through everyday life

Time ending :  7.08 p.m

There is no end toward the hardships and difficulties we faced as we go through our everyday lives. Yet, despite all these trials and tribulations, we managed to prevail to see another day and face the same challenges over and over again. I believe this phenomenon is due to the fact that each of us has our own way of coping with these everyday "trials". As they say, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Regardless of the method used, it is unarguable that this is probably the only way of being able to stand against life adversities. There must be a reason or a source of motivation to propel ourselves forward despite knowing the obstructions that will stand in our way. Hence, we are all champions for managing to emerge victorious against the overwhelming attempts of life torments to shut down our advance.

For some people, they may only be able to endure the hardships simply because they are doing it for the sake of something or someone. Believing that they will amount of nothing if they can not achieve what they are expected to, these sort of individuals will work their hardest in order to surpass the expectations that had been set on them. Meanwhile, there are also individuals that simply enjoy their life regardless of anything bad that happened. To find joy in hardships is a really hard thing to accomplish and not many can manage to cope with life troubles this way. To be able to gain mastery over this is to be able to embrace the saying "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain,".

I, personally belong on the kind of people that manage to withstand life difficulties simply by having something that I am looking forward to. I remembered back when I was barely 13 years old and I was sent to a boarding school, far away from home. I was bawling my eyes out the first few week, unable to withstand the homesickness as well as living in a completely foreign place. However, my parents promised that they will visit me on every weekends (selfish on my part since the journey takes 7 hours back and forth but back then, I am just a snotty kid who knows no better) and this make me able to somehow cope with the sadness until I finally able to get all my stuff together.

Now, whenever I am faced with troubles or dilemmas, I will always remember to look forward to the time on the weekend after I had settled everything that is troubling me. If that is not enough, then I will simply remember the reason I am standing here right now and the individuals that had put their hope and faith in me. For this reason alone, it provides me a strong motivation to keep moving forward despite anything and I am not about to let these people down simply because some life hardships got the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment