Tuesday 4 October 2016

Writing for 10/4

Date : 10/4

Time starting : 9.28 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : A new story centered on a man facing difficulties to move on with his life after losing his most beloved.

Time ending :  9.45 p.m

  
A chilling wind blew through my spine, sending my poorly-dressed figure into a state of shivering. Ah, it is stormy tonight and I do not even know where I am right now. I slump my back against the wall near me. I dropped to the floor, my knees giving up on trying to fight the fatigue. Why am I in this horrible state right now?. Wandering aimlessly in god-knows-where, my hair unkempt and dirty, my shriveled clothes and the no less obnoxious smell I am emitting from my body, I can no longer remember how long it had been since I stopped caring about myself.


However,

One thing remain fresh in my otherwise fleeting memories. The face of the one I loved dearest. As my legs lay limp from the cold, my body battered from the relentless storm, her face is the only thing that I can remember. Facing reality is easier said than done and I am the very epitome of that. Reminiscing about the past we had shared together was the only way I am able to cope with this overwhelming feeling of sadness and grief. Playing it over and over again like a broken record, I keep dreaming on the happy ending that await us both albeit I know it is nothing more than a wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment