Tuesday 27 September 2016

Writing for 9/27

Date : 9/27

Time starting : 3.45 p.m

Idea I am pursuing : Maybe something centered about a sad, touching story?.

Time ending : 4.00 p.m

The sun is about to set past the horizon when I rowed my loyal wooden boat out to the sea. No sign of storm or anything of the sort for this evening. It is pretty much the exact definition of a calm, relaxing evening to spend time by. I rowed and rowed until I am at the middle of the sea. I am not a stranger to these waters. I had made my years of living through it. But today, it is different. Today, it is special. I am not setting out to this vast ocean in order to catch tunas or salmons or other ocean dwellers to fund my expenses. I am here to create something more than that, something that can not be bought by money nor gold. something that I hope will last forever in my mind, something that is best described as memories. When I decided I have rowed far enough, I stopped and release my grip on the pair of oars.

"What's the problem?. Don't tell me you are tired already?" a feminine voice speaks out to me from the other end of my boat. It is a tone that is less insulting but more of being cheeky.

"Please, I am not that old yet", I chided back.

She merely giggled at my reply. As the sunset shines over her face, I once again realize how lucky I am to be blessed with such a perfect wife and even more so when we actually had made it past our 25th anniversaries. Even though she might have aged a bit, she will never cease to be the beautiful woman that had once captivated my heart. Today, seeing her like this had made me fallen all over her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment